6. Once the home of James and Donald Shaffer,
this house was last occupied by Frank Nyaski. The building,
which was donated to the Marysville Pioneer Association
in 1969 by Yvette, Vinnie and Jim Shaffer, is presently
being restored and used as a museum.
The depression in the ground just south
of the Shaffer House was at one time the site of the
Northern Pacific Railroad turntable, where the train
engines were rotated for the return trip down the gulch.
Marysville was served by the Northern Pacific from the
late 1880's until the 1920's. Even though its depot
was located below the present town site, the Great Northern
Railroad also served Marysville during a portion of